In reading this post, you are probably in the midst of planning the wedding of your dreams. One of the things on your checklist will undoubtedly be selecting your wedding invitation design. Online shopping can be a great convenience, especially for invitations. The key to a smooth shopping experience can be as simple as following these helpful tips…
- Start Early – Shopping well in advance will give you time to browse for the perfect design and best pricing, order samples, and place your actual order avoiding the need to pay rush shipping charges. Plenty of time should also be allowed for addressing and preparing your invitations to be in the mail at least 4-6 weeks before your wedding date.
- Testimonials – Review the website you plan to order from for positive reviews from previous customers, the more the better.
- Contact Information – Make sure the online retailer you are ordering from lists contact or customer service information, especially a phone number in case you have questions or concerns.
- Product Images – Look for the option to enlarge or zoom in on each individual wedding invitation image. This will let you see design features and coloring up close.
- Product Descriptions – Read them carefully for specific details about the paper and design colors since colors may appear differently on your computer than in reality. Also be aware of what exactly is included in the invitation price and what you may need to purchase separately. If any customer assembly is required, this should also be listed.
- Samples – Even if there may be a small charge involved and they are not personalized, consider ordering samples of your favorite designs so you can see them up close to narrow down your choices.
- Proof – Carefully inspect all information that will be printed on your wedding invitations AND have another person also proof before your order is finalized. You may be able to forward an online proof to family and friends via email.
- Extras – Order a few extra invitations to prevent running out and having to order only a few more later which can be costly. If offered, also purchase a few more envelopes to allow for addressing errors.
- Ordering – Include everything you will need when placing your online order to save on separate shipping costs later. Even though some of these items are not included when mailing your invitations, they may be necessary before, during or after your wedding so why not order them all at once to save time and money. Depending on your wedding, additional items to order may include response cards, reception cards, thank you cards, direction or map cards, accommodation cards, menu cards, table cards, place cards, even rehearsal invitations if you already know all those details.
As you probably already know, there are many online wedding stationery retailers so be sure to do some comparison shopping when it comes to styles and designs as well as pricing and customer comments. Remembering the tips listed here while you are shopping and finalizing your online purchase of wedding invitations will keep you on the right track for a smooth and successful buying experience.
Why not start your online shopping experience now by checking out our great selection of invitations including the design shown here (Antique Hydrangea). You can also review some of our customer testimonials.